Nokia 6 is the re-entry of the brand Nokia into the smartphone world. Earlier, there were a couple of phones from Nokia under Microsoft that had launched Android phones but it was a forked version of Android that was similar to Windows Phone interface. Now, it is proper Android phones from Nokia under HMD Global brand that took over the things. This is the first phone from the new Nokia and it was announced at CES 2017 in Las Vegas.
When it is about Nokia, you can expect great build quality and heavy body that is hard to get scratched or cracked even upon falling. But in the Nokia 6, there is much more than just the body because the smartphone feels good in every way, the specifications, and features.
Let’s check out the main specifications of the Nokia 6 smartphone.
Nokia 6 Phone Specifications
- Display: 5.5 inch IPS LCD screen resolution full HD (1920 x 1080, 16: 9) with 2.5 D surface glass, Corning third-generation Gorilla Glass, 403 PPI pixel density, sunlight reading technology, 450 nits brightness
- Hardware: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage with MicroSD storage expansion
- Battery: 3000 mAh non-removable
- Rear camera: 16 megapixels, phase focusing PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, dual tone flash
- Front camera: 8 megapixels, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, wide-angle 84˚
- Audio: Dual speakers, smart amplifier chip (TFA9891), Dolby Technology Dolby Atmos
- Micro USB (USB 2.0), OTG
- Sensors: Light sensor, proximity sensor, accelerometer (gravity sensor), electronic compass, gyroscope, front fingerprint sensor
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
Arto Nummela, CEO, HMD Global said
“Just a short while ago we announced the launch of HMD Global. From the outset, we have stated that we intend to move with speed to establish a position as a player in the smartphone category and create products that truly meet consumer needs. The Nokia 6 is a result of listening to our consumers who desire a beautifully crafted handset with exceptional durability, entertainment, and display features.
Our ambition is to deliver a premium product, which meets consumer needs at every price point, in every market. We start today, with our premium, high-quality Nokia 6; built to deliver a fantastic core user experience for Chinese consumers. We look forward to unveiling further products in the first half of this year.”
Best features of Nokia 6
Dolby Atmos for audio – Nokia is going to offer a great audio support on its smartphones and the first one itself has the good Dolby Atmos technology that lets you enjoy unparalleled clarity, whether you’re into the cinema or listening to music.
Android 7.0 Nougat OS – Latest Android OS is the need always for users because of the latest features that can get included in them. Nokia has done the right thing by having Android Nougat OS running in it and taking advantage of the features like Doze technology. Also, this new OS makes the efficiency of the fingerprint scanner better in helping the users unlock their Nokia 6 phone with ease.
Craftsmanship – Strong design – It takes 55 minutes to machine a single Nokia 6 from a solid block of 6000 series aluminium. It then receives two separate anodising processes, taking over ten hours to complete, with each phone being polished no less than five times. The end result is an aluminium unibody with the highest level of visual and structural quality.
There is a lot more than that in the Nokia 6 but several other phones offer similar features and the ones given here above are the ones that should differentiate the Nokia 6 from the other phones. It is also said that the Nokia 8 will be the actual flagship, expected to be launched at the MWC 2017 event.